If Last Comments 1.1 or 1.2 are showing you the error, "A problem ocurred that prevented the comments from being obtained", even after one minute has passed, you might have your Blogger Comment Feed turned off. To turn it on, follow these steps:
1. Go to your blog's Dashboard ( http://www.blogger.com/home ),
2. Click on the Settings link or tab,
3. Click on the submenu titled Site Feed,
4. Click on the Advanced Mode link (it will say "Switch to: Basic Mode" if you are already in Advanced Mode),
5. Select Full for the Blog Comment Feed,
6. Scroll down and push the SAVE SETTINGS button.
Then wait a minute before retrying the Last Comments gadget.